CrossFit Templum, Templum North – CrossFit
Thought of the day
“A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic.” – Joseph Stalin
A morbid thought from the former dictator of the Soviet Union.
There is truth behind this statement that we can relate to. As human beings, we do not relate to the many. We relate to the one. We simply cannot connect on an emotional level to something without a specific human story.
The purpose of the quote above is not to shame us, but to bring perspective to something we can take into our daily lives: to treat every individual, as a true individual. Stereotypes are ever easy to adopt. But when we do, we write off individuals… as just another number. A “statistic”.
When we feel the desire to generalize, let’s choose the opposite path. Act for the one.
* 2 Strength Movements and 1 Metcon Today
* 20 minutes to work through the two strength movements
* Pausing Front Squats are from a rack and include a 2 second pause in the bottom
* Hang Squat Clean starts from the floor than back to the hang position.
* Looking to complete this in 10 minutes or less
* Choose a weight you can complete in 2-3 Sets (8-7, 6-5-4, 5-5-5)
* No need to stand all the way up on burpees
Warm-up (No Measure)
Slow Air Squats
Pausing Air Squats
Slow Burpees (Step Up & Down)
Front Rack Stretch
5 Good Mornings
5 Pausing Back Squats
5 Elbow Rotations
5 Strict Press & Reach
5 Stiff Legged Deadlifts
5 Pausing Front Squats
Paused Front Squat (Build to a heavy double (2 sec pause in the botto)
Hang Squat Clean (Build to a heavy single (no pause))
Hang above the knee
Hips crease must drop below the knees
Dirt Nap (Time)
15 Hang Squat Cleans (115/80)
15 Lateral Barbell Burpees